JessB 1L Seed bottle for wild-birds
The Seed bottle is hand-made with love and care in the windy city of Port Elizabeth by a small family business.
Why is it beneficial to attract birds to your garden?
- Birds consume weed seeds.
- They help control unwanted pests like aphids, mosquitoes, and caterpillars.
- Birds are excellent pollinators.
- By consuming weed seeds and controlling unwanted pests, birds eliminate the need for toxic pesticides.
- Their presence creates balance in your garden.
- Birds improve the aeration of soil by digging for earthworms and insects.
- Listening to birds is an excellent stress reliever.
- They are beautiful to observe.
- Identifying different bird species is a lovely hobby.
- A garden filled with the sound of birds creates a tranquil environment.
Do’s and don’ts when feeding birds:
- Place bird feeders high enough and out of reach of domestic cats.
- Clean the feeders regularly.
- Discard dampish food and food with an unpleasant odour immediately.
- Consider adding a birdbath or nectar feeder to your garden to provide much-needed freshwater.
- Remove food waste from underneath the feeder to prevent a rat problem.
- Do not use artificial sweeteners/sugars or colourants in your nectar feeders. It is harmful to birds.
- Avoid using toxic pesticides in your garden. It is dangerous to insects and birds alike.
1L recycled bottle
metal hook for hanging
Select a spot in your garden, preferably in a tree or bush, with ample foliage to allow the smaller seed-eaters to escape predatory birds and cats.
Remove the bright stickers to allow seed flow, and enjoy watching the antics of the birds!
Dimensions: 16.5 x 16.5 x 36.5 cm